Here at Catton Windows, we are renowned for our expertise in traditional bespoke joinery. However, we also like to keep up with new technologies and trends, including Accoya!
WHAT IS ACCOYA?
Accoya is a high performance wood, made from fast growing, sustainably sourced radiata pine, which undergoes a process that permanently modifies the wood to the core. This creates a durable, environmentally friendly, solid wood with a beautiful finish.
Sourced from sustainable sources, Accoya wood has class leading environmental credentials including Gold certification by the prestigious MBDC organisation.
WHAT CAN ACCOYA BE USED FOR?
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF ACCOYA?
• “Class 1” highest level of durability possible for wood, meaning it can stand the test of time
• Accoya maintains its original dimensions, even when subjected to different environmental changes – this means if it gets wet, cold, dry or hot, your windows and doors won’t jam or let drafts in
• Accoya wood is sourced from abundant, fast growing wood species, and is considered as non-toxic by the Cradle to Cradle® philosophy – meaning that it is completely sustainable. It is also recyclable, reusable and offers superior thermal insulation
• The stable surface of Accoya wood enables coatings to adhere more effectively, as shrinkage and swelling is reduced by 70-80%! This means that you spend less time maintaining the wood, less money on coatings, and make less of an environmental impact
• Accoya wood is consistent in quality and ease of use – the wood is modified all the way through, not just on the surface, which removes the need to add any additional chemical preservatives. It is easy to manufacture and does not lose strength in the process. It has a beautiful, natural finish, and a wide range of colour options are available
• As well as being a perfect choice for windows and doors, Accoya has also been used for a wide range of projects, including: bridges, cladding, decking, shutters, and even solar shading!
You can find out more by visiting the Accoya website. If Accoya has inspired you, please feel free to contact us to find out how we can apply Accoya to your project, leaving you with a beautiful, natural wood product that stands the test of time. In fact, we offer up to a 60 year guarantee on Accoya wood products!